19.3.09

it's great to be lucid

I think it's a wonderful state of being.

Anyway, REAL work always goes firsties



A design for the flash class. There's a story behind it, The Nightingale and the Rose, or "Oscar Wilde Bitches About the I-Know-What-I-Likers in the Art World." Otherwise enjoy your suicidal bird shirt.

I won't get this out of my head until the 24th. So um deal.

Miss T on the train back from Harschmort

Chang on the train from Harschmort, same scene.

Really not a lot for him at all, but the Trifecta of Doom needs to represent itself in equal measure to the Triad of Wickedness.

Le Comte d'Orkancz & Angelique, totally prior to the events in the book sort of kind of perhaps? Right when he's like "hey you should contribute your memory to the greater good."



The Contessa!!!



I think she is my favorite villain in not just the book, but in a long, long time. Again, I'm really kind of curious about her motivations and also glad not to know . . . ? D'Orkancz and Xonck had great James Bond type motivations, so her ambiguity is crazy cool compared to those, it makes me think that she had an even better James Bond reason for being in the Cabal with the others.

And to top it off a color sketch of Edie in costume. Wtf that wig is ridiculous, I need to curb my terrible wig fetish a little for reality's sake.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still digging the flash piece you did. Doesn't look like flash at all, and I would totally wear a shirt with that on it.

    ReplyDelete